I am probably missing something simple, but I cannot upload the Arduino blink skech to an amb82-mini. I am using a clean, updated install of Ubuntu on a Celeron platform. The board appears to connect at ttyS4, with settings Erase then Upload, Auto Flash Enabled, Standard Lib Disabled, Upload Speed 2000000. The sketch will compile, but then it fails to connect, error messages including:
NOR flashloader loading fail
Uart boot fail
Nothing appears on the serial monitor.
Please help this lost noob…
Welcome to AmebaIoT Forum!
Please refer to our AmebaIoT Forum FAQ for help:
For more details, you can also read the Getting Start manual on our official website.
Alternatively, you also can join our community Facebook ZH/EN for help.
Thanks and happy coding!
Thank you for your response.
I still cannot enter download mode with the AMB82-Mini. I am doing the following:
- Plug Board in using microusb (right side connection near red led)
- All leds (RG&B) flash quickly and then stay lit
- Open Arduino Blink sketch & Arduino Serial Monitor (blank)
- Press and hold Uart Download button (left side button near blue led)
- Press and release Reset Button (right side button near red led)
- The green led turns off, the red and blue leds stay on
- Release Uart Download button
- Nothing shows on the Serial Monitor
- Upload fails
- Pressing Reset again causes the blue & green leds to flash quickly (red stays on) and then all leds stay on
Please help. I have tried 3 different boards and many operating systems (Ubuntu, Debian, Kali, Raspbian, Windows 10 & 11) without success. I would like to be able to use this board in my current project, but it seems I may need to use something else (esp32?) since I cannot get this to work.
Also, I do not have access to social media in my current work environment, so I appreciate your help using the forum.
Thanks for providing more details regarding your questions.
step 2 , you can follow the video instruction here to enter Download Mode on AMB82.
After entering the UART Download mode, you should be able to see the log in your serial monitor indicating your board is able to receive an uploaded image:
Alternatively, you can try with another USB cable to prevent connectivity issues.
If you are still not able to enter the download mode after trying the above methods, please provide the log message after
step 1 here for issue assessment.