New user - AMB82 compilation error

Hello,
I have just received my AMB82 Mini board and I am trying to get it working. I have installed the Arduino IDE 2.3.2 on a Windows 11 PC. I installed the board 4.0.6 and it all installed properly as per the messages.

When i try any of the example codes, i get a compilation error below :
Compilation error: exit status 0xc0000135

This is even before I try to upload the code and then also i get the same error message.
I clicked on the start debugging button and then i get this message :

Device Identifier is required for J-Link configurations. Please see Supported Devices for supported devices

I have the board and com port selected on top. Please let me know what I am doing wrong and how to fix this error.

thanks.

Hi @ankur ,

you can try the pre release version instead.

Input https://github.com/ambiot/ambpro2_arduino/raw/dev/Arduino_package/package_realtek_amebapro2_early_index.json in Preference in Arduino IDE and install 4.0.7-build20240430 for current use.

For debugging example, we have noticed this issue recently and currently looking into it to see if it is an Arduino IDE version issue. We tried with v2.2.1 Arduino IDE, and its working, but not in v2.3.2.

To allow debugging to work,

Please replace the following in debug_custom.json

[
{
“name”: “JLink Attach”,
“request”: “attach”,
“configId”: “realtek:AmebaPro2:Ameba_AMB82-MINI”,
“server”: “jlink”,
“servertype”: “jlink”,
“device”: “Cortex-M33”,
“serverArgs”: [“-timeout”, “10000”, “-confirm”, “0”, “-scriptfile”, “C:/Users/{USERNAME}/AppData/Local/Arduino15/packages/realtek/tools/ameba_pro2_tools/{TOOL_VERSION}/debug/RTL8735B_Arduino_debug.JLinkScript”],
“interface”: “swd”,
“serverPath”: “{JLinkGDBServerCL.exe path}”,
“serverpath”: “{JLinkGDBServerCL.exe path}”,
“postAttachCommands”: [
“pwd”,
“monitor clrbp”,
“monitor reset”,
“continue”
]
}
]

Thank you. I will try the suggested fixes. The code you sent also mentions SEGGER, i looked but its not installed in my system. Is that something that comes in the SDK ?

Another question. The new board has a cover next to the antenna connector and that makes it very difficult to attach the tiny plug. In trying to do so, i have damaged the the connector on the antenna end. Will the the board still connect to wifi if the signal is strong ?

Using the 4.0.7 build did fix the compiling issue and the code is now working :). Thank you.

We used JLink EDU to create the debugging example. You need to download the seggerGBD Server from their official website.

This is the guide for doing debugging on AMB82 Mini using Arduino IDE: Debugging – Using the Debug Interface – Realtek IoT/Wi-Fi MCU Solutions

You can have a try but will definitely have some trouble connecting to WiFi if the antenna is not connected to the board or spoilt.

Thank you, I will looking into SEGGER.

I am trying the NN Face Detection example now and even though I have changed the code for the ssid of my network, when I run it on the board it still trying to connect to amb82test , why would it be doing that ?

Can i find out the MAC address of the wifi interface ?

In order to allow the board to connect to WiFi, Dualband Wi-Fi (2.4GHz/5GHz) ipex antenna is essential.

Previously user unable to connect to wifi as well as antenna is not connected to board.