The parameter is incorrect Compilation error AMB82 Mini

Hi All

I’m getting the below error with a blank sketch with empty setup and loop functions. I have the RTL8735B AMB82 Mini board

Compilation error: fork/exec C:\Users\advic\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\realtek\tools\ameba_pro2_toolchain\1.0.1-p1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar.exe: The parameter is incorrect.

Can anyone point me in the right direction with this compilation error
Thanks

Error occurred while unzipping sdk toolchain. Suspected that the toolchain was not download correctly. Maybe you can try to erase folder under path: C:\Users\advic\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\realtek and download the AMB82-MINI sdk from Arduino IDE again.
Thank you

Hi thanks

I deleted the Realtek folder, rebooted computer, and reinstalled ameba into board manager, this was the install log

Downloading packages
realtek:ameba_pro2_toolchain@1.0.1-p1
realtek:ameba_pro2_toolchain2@1.0.1-p2
realtek:ameba_pro2_tools@1.2.9.1
realtek:AmebaPro2@4.0.4
Installing realtek:ameba_pro2_toolchain@1.0.1-p1
Configuring tool.
realtek:ameba_pro2_toolchain@1.0.1-p1 installed
Installing realtek:ameba_pro2_toolchain2@1.0.1-p2
Configuring tool.
realtek:ameba_pro2_toolchain2@1.0.1-p2 installed
Installing realtek:ameba_pro2_tools@1.2.9.1
Configuring tool.
realtek:ameba_pro2_tools@1.2.9.1 installed
Installing platform realtek:AmebaPro2@4.0.4
Configuring platform.
Platform realtek:AmebaPro2@4.0.4 installed

Then closed Arduino IDE and relaunched it

And below is the current compilation error for the blank setup and loop file

exit status 0xc0000005
Compilation error: exit status 0xc0000005

Your suggestion very much appreciated

Hi
Here is another clue.
I’ve tried to compile with Arduino 1.8.16 and got this compile error with a blank setup and loop test file

exec: “/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++”: file does not exist
Error compiling for board AMB82-MINI.

Hope we can sort this out, I’m stuck

Hi @Jacques_Mulder ,

Error 0xC0000005 in SDK-v4.0.4 is caused by stack overflow in the ino_validation.exe or nn_model_update.exe tools running on some of the Windows machines. Now this bug has been fixed via: Arduino tool update (#144) · ambiot/ambpro2_arduino@856abb8 · GitHub.

Currently the fix is on the /dev branch, if you wish to continuing using released version v4.0.4 for your development, you many download the windows executables tools and replace them under C:\Users\advic\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\realtek\tools\ameba_pro2_tools\1.x.x upon reinstall your Arduino SDK environment.

Note:
In order to set up a clear environment without causing any compilation issues from toolchain folder, I suggest to delete everything under C:\Users\advic\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\realtek\tools and C:\Users\advic\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\realtek\hardware before download a new SDK from Arduino IDE.

Hope it could help. Thanks.

Hi,

Ok great, so do you mean this is a known issue with 4.0.4
Because in that case it might be easier just to install earlier version instead of trying to fix 4.0.4

Hi,
Yes. Alternatively, you may temporarily use the link provided below to install /dev branch Arduino sdk: https://github.com/ambiot/ambpro2_arduino/raw/dev/Arduino_package/package_realtek_amebapro2_early_index.json
This issue has been fixed on /dev.

Thanks.

Hi

For the dev install on Arduino 2.2.1 Win10>

Downloading packages
realtek:ameba_pro2_toolchain@1.0.1-p1
realtek:ameba_pro2_toolchain2@1.0.1-p2
realtek:ameba_pro2_tools@1.2.12
realtek:AmebaPro2@4.0.5-build20231108
Installing realtek:ameba_pro2_toolchain@1.0.1-p1
Configuring tool.
realtek:ameba_pro2_toolchain@1.0.1-p1 installed
Installing realtek:ameba_pro2_toolchain2@1.0.1-p2
Configuring tool.
realtek:ameba_pro2_toolchain2@1.0.1-p2 installed
Installing realtek:ameba_pro2_tools@1.2.12
Configuring tool.
realtek:ameba_pro2_tools@1.2.12 installed
Installing platform realtek:AmebaPro2@4.0.5-build20231108
Configuring platform.
Platform realtek:AmebaPro2@4.0.5-build20231108 installed

I’m still getting these compile errors

fork/exec C:\Users\advic\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\realtek\tools\ameba_pro2_toolchain\1.0.1-p1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar.exe: The parameter is incorrect.

Compilation error: fork/exec C:\Users\advic\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\realtek\tools\ameba_pro2_toolchain\1.0.1-p1/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar.exe: The parameter is incorrect.

For Blank Test Sketch

void setup() {

}

void loop() {

}

HI

On Version 4.0.0 for dev I get this compilation error

fork/exec C:\Users\advic\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\realtek\tools\ameba_pro2_tools\1.0.6/prebuild_windows.exe: The parameter is incorrect.

Compilation error: fork/exec C:\Users\advic\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\realtek\tools\ameba_pro2_tools\1.0.6/prebuild_windows.exe: The parameter is incorrect.

Hi @Jacques_Mulder,

For errors occurring in \ameba_pro2_toolchain\1.0.1-p1/bin/ folder, mostly related to your tool chain environment was not unzipped correctly. Can you please take a screenshot of your \ameba_pro2_toolchain folder and send it here again?

Thanks

Hi,
Please do not revert back to old version since the tools in v4.0.0 might not be fully supported yet.
Thanks