AMB82 - Ardunio Installation Support

Hi AMB82 Team,

I recently purchased the AMB82 Mini board and I’m encountering difficulties while attempting to install the supporting package for this board in the Arduino software. Specifically, I am unable to locate the Realtek plugins within the board manager.

Could you kindly provide guidance or assistance to resolve this issue? I am eager to commence working on my project and would greatly appreciate your help in installing the necessary components to get started with the example code provided for the AMB82 Mini board.

Im currently using Ardunio ID 2.2.1 version.

Thanks
Raja

Hi @Rajasekaran_Velu,

Please refer to the starting guide link (Ameba ARDUINO: Getting Started with AMB82 MINI (RTL8735B) – Realtek IoT/Wi-Fi MCU Solutions). Let me know if you face any other issues.

Thanks!

Hi Kelvin,

We already followed the instructions recommended in Getting started documents.

But the actual problem is not being able to find the “ambea” related plugins in the Arduino tool. Please find the below screenshot.

image.png

Hi @Rajasekaran_Velu,

Have you added the json link to your preferences of Arduino? You can get the json link from the github link (GitHub - ambiot/ambpro2_arduino: AmebaPro2 Arduino third-party package SDK)

Hi Kelvin,

We added that link in preference url section, but the download is always failing due to access issue to repo.

Do you have any other alternative method to install it?

Regards,
Raja

Hi Kelvin,

Please find the below error screenshot for your reference.

Hi @Rajasekaran_Velu,

Can you try these few things?

1. Can you screenshot your additional boards manager URL page? Do you only include 1 URL?

2. Try closing and opening of your Arduino IDE.

3. Make sure you have internet access.

4. In your /AppData/Local/Arduino15 folder, delete all the package_realtek json files and then reopen your Arduino IDE.

5. Try turning off your firewall.

Hi Kelvin,

Sorry for making more questions.

I have tried the steps mentioned above multiple times and got the below error message.

Hi @Rajasekaran_Velu,

I believe it should be a network issue.

Can you check again and reply with all the relevant screenshots?

1. Preferences: Boards Manager URL
  2. Can you connect to the internet on your computer?
  3. Screenshot after you access the json file on the browser (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ambiot/ambpro2_arduino/main/Arduino_package/package_realtek_amebapro2_index.json)
  4. Reinstallation of Arduino IDE. (Are you using Arduino in Windows?)
  5. Can you try reinstallation in Arduino IDE 1.8.19.

Hi Kelvin,

I have tried cloning the repo in the Github tool to verify the error message, Please find the below error which I got in the Github desktop tool.

Hi @Rajasekaran_Velu,

Sorry I’m not able to see any error messages.

Can you follow my steps and provide me with more information so that I can help you better? Currently, the information you give, it’s difficult for me to give you the best advice to proceed…

Thank you!

Hi Kelvin,

1. Preferences: Boards Manager URL
    Please refer the screenshot attachment 1

2. Can you connect to the internet on your computer?
    Yes. Connected the Internet via WiFi

3. Screenshot after you access the json file on the browser (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ambiot/ambpro2_arduino/main/Arduino_package/package_realtek_amebapro2_index.json)
    Please refer the screenshot attachment 2

4. Reinstallation of Arduino IDE. (Are you using Arduino in Windows?)
    Yes. I’m using an Arduino IDE in windows machine.I have already reinstalled twice.

REGARDS
V.RAJASEKARAN

Hi @Rajasekaran_Velu,

This is the expected behavior when you enter the json URL on the browser. Can you try with using your mobile hotspot or any other network? I’m not sure if your current network is being restricted or not.

Hi Kelvin,

You are right. Network is the problem.

After changing to another network service provider, everything worked as expected.

Hi @Rajasekaran_Velu,

Good to hear that. If you face any other difficulties in using the board, do let us know.

Thanks!