AMB82-Mini camera not sending data to image processor?

I have a new AMB82-Mini loading programs, registering an IP address and streaming RTSP audio - no video. To test locally, I installed the app to record video to the SD card and see this error:

[INFO] Recording file name: TestRecordingAudioVideo2
[INFO] Recording duration: 30 seconds
[INFO] File count: 1
[VOE] osd2enc receive timeout, open CH(0/1/ )
[VOE] isp2osd receive timeout, open CH(0/1/ / )
[VOE] osd2enc receive timeout, open CH(0/1/ )
[VOE] isp2osd receive timeout, open CH(0/1/ / )

Does this mean my video cable or camera module is not sending data to the image processor? The connector clip is not strong, but I the cable looks to be seated into the housing fully.

Thank you.

I reinstalled the streaming AI OS build and can RTSP connect, but not getting streaming. The camera cable looks to be installed fully, but I don’t have a way to test other than from the logs.

[Local] Socket closed
rtp stopped (TCP)
[VOE] osd2enc receive timeout, open CH(0/ / )
[VOE] isp2osd receive timeout, open CH(0/ / /4)

Hi @DaveM,

May I know which example are you running?

Also, do you have the full log?

Thank you.

Thanks Kevin. I am using a few of the examples/demos, first is the local video recording to SD card locally and the RTSP Video streaming or Object Detection Callback. Both have the similar error on receive timeout. Everything else regarding the logs and video resolution looks to be normal, I can get on the network, attach to the device, etc. You can see the logs of errors are slightly different.

With the video streaming demo, I can attach to the stream, but only get audio. With the local recording, I see a file on the SD card is a .mp4 but is 0KB.

To me, it looks like the board is not getting data from the camera. Hence the timeout message from the input/encoder, and I assume the other is an output buffer on what is being digitized.

I don’t see VOE on the pin register, but perhaps this is the camera input register? Can you tell me what those failure log entries mean?

Dave

Hi @DaveM,

Can I check on several things:

1. What is your environment set up? Is it using Arduino IDE 2.3.2? What is the version of SDK you are using, is it 4.0.7 prereleased build or 4.0.6 official release build? Let me know the version.
  2. Can I check if the recording has completely ended? Let me know if you see a .mp4 file that is not 0kb when you ensure that the recording has completely ended.
  3. I will need to see a more complete log and a way to reproduce this to pinpoint the root cause. These failure log entries mean that there is a jam somewhere at the VOE driver level.

Thank you.

The code compiles, it’s on IDE 2.3.3. The code uploads. The SDK is the official release build.

My MP4 file is only 0K, but I get audio streaming when I load that module. I think it’s a mechanical issue between the board and the camera.

What does VOE stand for and where does that boot in the stack?

Hi @DaveM,

VOE stands for video engine.

Can you help to provide a few more information?

1. Which SDK version are you using? Is it 4.0.6?
  2. Arduino IDE max version is now 2.3.2 though… Are you using IDE 2.3.2?
  3. What is the exact example you are running and what modifications have you done to the code?

Thank you.

Ok, the problem isn’t with the software, it is with the hardware as I mentioned in another message.

I was able to hold down the middle of the camera interface board ZIF socket and the LED for the face detection circuit lit up. I was then able to connect to the RTSP port then and got a video feed and face detection.

The ZIF latch as a flip out does not provide enough downward force in the middle of the ribbon cable. Perhaps a sliding latch would work better for the connector density.

1 Like