RTL8720DN OTA Update

You can check these 2 examples for more implementation details

1 Like

Hi @TBeeren ,

How is your development going? :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @xidameng ,

Doing well! Currently checking into the I2C communication, since that’s higher in priority for the system. Will come back to this OTA ‘small problem’ in a couple days :grin:

1 Like

RIght, all the best~

Let us know if you need any help :wink:

1 Like

Hi @TBeeren ,

How is your progress on the OTA functions?

If possible, would you like to contribute a simple example of OTA function that you implemented to ameba’s arduino Github repo? so that others who asking about the sam e feature could also benefit from your works :wink:

You may contribute to path as follows,

Anyway, hope everything is ok with your project :muscle:

1 Like

Hi Simon,

Great to talk to you again! Currently I am in a busy completion phase regarding deadlines. If I have a little more time I would share all my findings with you to contribute to the open source project! :grin:

I expect to be able to share this over a number of weeks / less than a month

1 Like

Thanks Tim~

All the best to your project!! Really curious what it is about, but I guess I will know it once time is right :smiley:

Hi @TBeeren ,
I’m currrently trying to use OTA in my project using Arduino.
Hope you can share your OTA functions for me to try.
If possible, it would be very helpful to me.
Thanks.

I respect @TBeeren 's decision to share or not his work. And i am also not aware if he has already shared or not but, it would always be good idea to share the work which one has derived from open source code. Idea behind sharing is that others can reuse and reduce time for redevelopment. It’s not that others can’t do it, but a small example may reduce the rework.
I am also working on OTA. I’ll see if i can make any progress in this and will share my work if i can complete.

Thanks all for usefull comments above.

Hey,
this thread was very helpful for me. If anyone is still interested, I had to implement the OTA update functionality for a project with rtl8720dn on Arduino and uploaded it to a github rep:

The readme also contains how the code works and everything I know about the updates.

2 Likes

Hi @mxv3a,

There is an update regarding OTA features on Ameba D Arduino recently. The OTA tool is currently working on Windows, MacOS, and Linux. Please check the link here for more details: Add OTA for AmebaD Arduino SDK by S10143806H · Pull Request #160 · ambiot/ambd_arduino · GitHub.

Note that This PR is currently on the /dev branch, we will merge it to the /main branch upon internal QC tests are passed.

1 Like