Configure WiFi via Bluetooth (CUSTOM APP)

Hello,

I don’t want to use the app made by Realtek to configure my Amb82-Mini’s WiFi settings as I want to build my own app for it. However, whenever I send the WiFi configuration command, it just serial outs
“Invalid Command
Invalid Command”

Here is the command that I’m sending to the device: setWiFi:(ssid),(password)\n

Replacing ssid and password obviously. Any help on what command/format it’s expecting would be appreciated. Thank you!

You may want to refer to WiFi and BLE API, example guide, and source code

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your reply. However, the documentation you provided is for use with their app. I want to use my own app to configure it, and no where does it say what commands you need to send to configure WiFi.

It seems the command format you’re sending is incorrect. The Amb82-Mini likely expects a different syntax. Try the following format:setWiFi ssid,password\n
If this doesn’t work, consult the device’s documentation for the exact command format.

Hello Ameer,

Thank you for your reply. I made it send the WiFi configuration to my AMB82-Mini in this format: setWiFi \ssid,\password\n.

However, it still serial outs:

"Invalid command

Invalid command"

And I don’t know which documentation to look at as it all just says to use their app, but I don’t want to. I want to integrate the feature into my own app.

Thank you,

Hello Tom
Look for the AMB82-Mini’s API documentation or firmware reference guide for direct configuration commands. Check the manufacturer’s website or developer community for detailed instructions.
Thank you,