BW16-Kit No Response from AT Commands

I recently purchased a BW16-Kit and I am attempting to send basic AT commands via GTKTerm, atcom, etc.
However, I get no response at all.

Here are the details on the version it is running:

################################################

arch:RTL8720DX,NULL
company:Ai-Thinker|B&T
ble_mac:94c960b70ff6
wifi_mac:94c960b70ff3
sdk_version:release/amebad_v6.2C
firmware_version:release/V4.18_P6.13.1
compile_time:Feb 29 2024 16:49:38

ready

################################################

Does anyone have any advise on what to try here?

Thank you.

Hi @unique ,

May I know what AT command are you sending and are you running any example from the sdk?

I am connected to the BW16 via serial and am unable to get a response to anything at all.

“AT\r\n” is one of the basic ones.

Hi @unique ,

I see that you are using amebad_v6.2C which is a closed source SDK, you can approach your FAE for support.

As this forum is for open-source related issues, you may want to check out ambiot (Ameba IoT) · GitHub for AmebaD opensource SDK.

Oh that makes sense. That is what came on it.

Is there any documentation on flashing the open source version to the BW16-Kit?

You can refer to ambd_sdk/README.md at dev · ambiot/ambd_sdk · GitHub.

Alternatively, you can also try out Arduino SDK which uses Arduino IDE as the interface.
https://www.amebaiot.com/en/amebad-bw16-typec-arduino-getting-started/

Hi. I’m asking for help. I have an RTL8720 BW16-kit module. I want to set up an ESP32+RTL8720 UART connection and control the RTL8720 via AT Commands. I managed to flash the LED through the serialport ESP32 sending commands 1\0 to the RTL8720 delay 5000. I have erased the factory firmware of RTL8720… AT commands are not working now… I ask for help restoring the work of AT commands.

Hi @SolarCamperVan ,

Kindly refer to ambd_arduino/Ameba_misc/ESP_ATCMD_on_AmebaD at dev · ambiot/ambd_arduino · GitHub for ATcmds.

Thank you very much!!! It really works!