BLE beacon build

Hello All,

Trying to find out if there are build options someplace in the Standard SDK to compile a BLE beacon bit the RTL8720dn rtlduino , BW16 module ? There none that I see in the ‘examples’ directory. Am very illetierate on this,and if there are some examples would like to try and learn a little more on this.

Thanks

1 Like

the BLE beacon example can be enabled by using make menuconfig -> config BT -> BT beacon.
the specific example files are located at \component\common\bluetooth\realtek\sdk\example

1 Like

Hi wyy,

Thank You for this information. I will try this. Still learning the Amebad SDK setup. I will learn something out of this.

Hi wyy,

As soon as i enabled the BLE-> Beacon and saved as alternate file. Then done a make all in the project_hp directory am now getting the following error:

mbd_sdk/ambd_sdk/project/realtek_amebaD_va0_example/GCC-RELEASE/project_hp/asdk/../../../../../component/soc/realtek/amebad/fwlib/usrcfg/rtl8721dhp_intfcfg.c:46:2: error: #error "You should allocate flash sectors to for FTL physical map as following, then set FTL_MEM_CUSTEM to 1. For more information, Please refer to Application Note, FTL chapter. "
 #error "You should allocate flash sectors to for FTL physical map as following, then set FTL_MEM_CUSTEM to 1. For more information, Please refer to Application Note, FTL chapter. "

I did look in the application notes PDF at the FTL chapter but dont really know what to do,to circumvent the error that is showing here?

Thank You

Ok,

Got through the previous error.and done as recommended in the Appication Notes PDF.
Now am getting the following error( after enabling BLE-> beacon.)

/home/brcisna/MyPrograms/ambd_sdk/ambd_sdk/project/realtek_amebaD_va0_example/GCC-RELEASE/project_hp/asdk/../../../../../component/common/api/at_cmd/atcmd_bt.c:977: undefined reference to `bt_beacon_app_init'
/home/brcisna/MyPrograms/ambd_sdk/ambd_sdk/project/realtek_amebaD_va0_example/GCC-RELEASE/project_hp/asdk/../../../../../component/common/api/at_cmd/atcmd_bt.c:985: undefined reference to `bt_beacon_app_deinit'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [Makefile:358: linker_image2_ns] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/brcisna/MyPrograms/ambd_sdk/ambd_sdk/project/realtek_amebaD_va0_example/GCC-RELEASE/project_hp/asdk'
make: *** [Makefile:17: all] Error 2

It is my mistake, you are right that the BT beacon example has not been released in the current GitHub version of the SDK. The examples currently available are central, peripheral, scatternet and config.

Hello ,I have meet the same situation.by use make menuconfig command,Enable BT and BT_Peripheral ,then build,but the error still happen. how can I solve the issue,waitting for you help,thanks

Hi @Cool ,

Can I check what example are you running and can you screenshot what error etc?

Would you mind sharing the code that you are building?

Thank you.

looks like the BT and BT_Peripheral already enabled.